Tips For Determining String Light Pole Installations on Wooden Decks
Tips For Determining Wooden Deck Installation
Ask yourself the following...
Do I want to drill holes in my deck?
Is my deck real wood or a synthetic product?
- YES. Real wood can be bolted and screwed into. Click HERE to use bolts and click HERE to use lag screws.
- NO. Synthetic material requires a call to the manufacturer to ask if the product is sturdy enough to bolt or screw into? Here are some come decking companies:TREX (1-800-289-8739) AZEK/TimberTech (1-877-275-2935) Fiberon (1-800-573-8841) NewTechWood (1- 866 728 5273)
Can I get underneath my deck to attach the nuts to the bolts?
- NO. Then use lag screws to install pole stands or use tank stands.
- YES. Then use bolts for the most secure installment.
Do I want to span the string lights over a 25' foot section on my deck?
- YES. Then for optimal stability, you'll want to be able to bolt the pole stands to your deck.
- NO. Then you have the option of installing the pole stands with lag screws or using tank stands.
Am I using heavy duty string lights as shown in this picture? Or am I going to use IYN String Lights?