How to Install IYN Pole Stands to Wooden Decks Using Bolts
DECK INSTALLATION USING BOLTS (If using screws, click here)
If your deck is not solid wood please contact the decking manufacturer before installing IYN pole stands to ensure proper installation. Here are some common decking companies:
TREX (1-800-289-8739) AZEK/TimberTech (1-877-275-2935) Fiberon (1-800-573-8841)
- 3/8”-16 x 2-1/2” hex bolts (3) per pole stand. Available at www.iynstands.com
- 3/8 “- 16 hex nuts (3) per pole stand. Available at www.iynstands.com
- 3/8 “ flat washers (3) per pole stand. Available at www.iynstands.com
- Wood drill bit 3/8”
- Pen to mark holes
- Hammer to pound bolts if needed
- Socket set and wrench to tighten bolts
- Use the round base of the pole as a template to mark the locations of holes.
- Drill 3/8” diameter through the decking.
- Use the (3) 3/8”-16 x 2 ½” bolts to mount the pole.
- Secure using the (3) 3/8” nuts and washers.
- Tighten the bolts with a socket set and wrench. One person holds the top of the bolt in place while another person goes below the deck to tighten with the socket set.
- Slide the top portion of the pole onto the bottom portion, making sure the carabiner clip is oriented to the front of the pole stand to allow you to attach the string lights.