How to Install IYN Pole Stands to Wooden Decks Using Lag Screws
DECK INSTALLATION USING LAG SCREWS (if using bolts, click here)
If your deck is not solid wood please contact the decking manufacturer before installing IYN pole stands to insure proper installation. Here are some common decking companies: TREX (1-800-289-8739) AZEK/TimberTech (1-877-275-2935) Fiberon (1-800-573-8841)
- 3/8”- 2” hex lag screws (3) per pole stand. Available at www.iynstands.com
- A wood drill bit that is 15/64”. This is slightly smaller than the lag screws so the threads can dig into the wood to hold the screw in place.
- Pen to mark holes
- Socket set, ratchet or nut driver to secure the screws
- Use the round base of the pole as a template to mark the locations of holes. Tip: Position the pole stand so the silver snap pin in the middle of the pole will be on the "back side" of the pole and the carabiner and eyebolt will be on the "front side" of the pole.Using the 15/64” bit, drill a pilot hole into the material.
- Use the (3) 3/8”- 2” screws to mount the pole.
- Secure using the socket set.
- Slide the top portion of the pole onto the bottom portion, making sure the carabiner clip is oriented to the front of the pole stand to allow you to attach the string lights.