How to Install IYN Pole Stands to Wooden Decks Using Lag Screws
DECK INSTALLATION USING LAG SCREWS (if using bolts, click here)
If your deck is not solid wood please contact the decking manufacturer before installing IYN pole stands to insure proper installation. Here are some common decking companies: TREX (1-800-289-8739) AZEK/TimberTech (1-877-275-2935) Fiberon (1-800-573-8841)
• 3/8”- 2” hex lag screws (4)
• Drill with 15/64” wood drill bit
• Pen to mark holes
• Socket set, wrench, or nut driver
1. Use the round base of pole as a template to mark the locations of holes.
2. Using the 15/64” bit, drill a pilot hole
3. Use the (4) 3/8”- 2” screws to mount the pole.
4. Secure using the socket set or nut driver.